Happy New Year loves! We’d be here for days if I were to list everything so I’ll just look back at the past year and say “thank you” for every good event and person that has come my way. Before we begin 2014, I just want to say I am very grateful for your continual visits and support to my blog.
I very much dislike resolutions so instead I made a list of my short-term (12 month) goals. Goals are actually the ability to see the future, that’s why I’m so excited about mine. I’m so ready to start checking off goals as they are accomplished and as Earl Nightingale eloquently put it…People with goals succeed because they know where they are going.
Dream big and lay down the routes to get there with your goals…let’s make this one a spectacular year.
I picked out a few quotes as governing principles of 2014 (click read more to see full list of qoutes). Feel free to take whichever ones speak to you or leave an additional one that may have been missed.
- Never give up on a dream just because of the time it will take to accomplish it. The time will pass anyway.― Earl Nightingale
- When you judge others, you do not define them, you define yourself.― Earl Nightingale
- Whatever we plant in our subconscious mind and nourish with repetition and emotion will one day become reality. ― Earl Nightingale
- If you are not in the process of becoming the person you want to be, you are automatically engaged in becoming the person you don’t want to be. ― Dale Carnegie
- You can conquer almost any fear if you will only make up your mind to do so. For remember, fear doesn’t exist anywhere except in the mind. ― Dale Carnegie
- Learn how to be happy with what you have while you pursue all that you want. ― Jim Rohn
- Formal education will make you a living; self-education will make you a fortune. ― Jim Rohn
- If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary. ― Jim Rohn
- The act of taking the first step is what separates the winners from the losers. ― Brian Tracy
- Never say anything about yourself you don’t want to come true. ― Brian Tracy
- Your life only gets better when you get better. ― Brian Tracy
- We must all suffer from one of two pains: the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The difference is discipline weighs ounces while regret weighs tons. ― Jim Rohn
- The best way to predict your future is to create it ― Abraham Lincoln
- Don’t wait. The time will never be just right. ― Napoleon Hill
- It is not enough to have a good mind; the main thing is to use it well. ― René Descartes
- If you must speak ill of another, do not speak it . . . ― Napoleon Hill
- Desire backed by faith knows no such word as impossible. ― Napoleon Hill
- Goals are dreams with a deadline. ― Napoleon Hill
- Most so called failures are only temporary defeats. ― Napoleon Hill
- Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving. ― Albert Einstein
- Attitude is a little thing that makes a big difference. ― Winston Churchill
- The secret to getting ahead is getting started. ― Mark Twain
- An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day. ― Henry David Thoreau
- A truly good book teaches me better than to read it. I must soon lay it down, and commence living on its hint. What I began by reading, I must finish by acting. ― Henry David Thoreau
- Do not lose hold of your dreams or aspirations. For if you do, you may still exist but you have ceased to live. ― Henry David Thoreau
- If you want others to be happy practice compassion. If you want to be happy practice compassion. ― Dalai Lama